DE200 Quantitative Methods and SPSS Support Day (Plymouth)
Hit the ground running in 2019 with a full day dedicated to consolidating what you have learnt about quantitative research methods on DE200, and get a sneak peak at the methods yet to come !
As quantitative methods sit at the heart of two upcoming assignments (TMA02 and iCMA42) in this part of the module, it is important that you feel comfortable and confident in using these.
This study day is designed to build your confidence with experimental methods. It will help you to put what you have learned into practice, with hands-on SPSS practice and face-to-face support.
This will involve:
- Taking part in mock experimental research studies
- Learning how to input quantitative data into SPSS
- Identifying and running appropriate analyses
- Interpreting SPSS output
- Writing up research findings as part of an experimental research project
|PLEASE NOTE: This day includes practical sessions so you will need to bring your own laptop with SPSS installed.|
Jill Hannam is a maths teacher specialising in research methods. Jill is also an Associate Lecturer with the OU, where she tutors the DE100, DE200, DD101, SDK228, K213 and K101 modules.
Food is not provided and there is no cafe on-site, but there are vending machines available, or alternatively please feel free to bring your own food.
Our seminar will be held in Plymouth City College, Kings Rd, Plymouth PL1 5QG
Room to be confirmed ASAP.
A map of the campus, showing visitor parking is available from this link.
For details see https://www.accessable.co.uk/organisations/city-college-plymouth
- We strongly recommend booking this event in advance and cannot guarantee that places will be available on the day.
- Note that places MUST be booked online in advance - places cannot be paid for at the venue.